LCHS 7/8 Families,
I hope the summer is going well and you are enjoying the time off with family and friends. As summer is more than halfway over, I wanted to send out a few reminders to ensure some things are on your radar. Please find the pertinent information below.
- The way to order your PE clothes is as follows:
- Go to https://www.bsnteamsports.com/index
- Enter Access Code: LCPE19H (this code will be valid until August 2nd). This is the last chance to get PE clothes before the 1st day of school. Please note the login is cAsE sEnSiTiVe and that there is no space between the LCPE and the 19.
- Order any and all clothes/locks/bags needed. Expect all items to arrive 2 weeks after the closing date. All clothes will ship TO YOUR HOME!
- The opening and closing dates throughout the year are as follows
PE is required for all 7th and 8th-grade student. 8th-grade students may wear their clothes from last year if they still fit. If you have any questions feel free to email me at any time.
- August 12th from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (North Gym) 7th Grade WEB Orientation,: Our WEB Orientation will be a chance for incoming 7th-grade students to meet their WEB Leaders, participate in ice-breaking activities, make new friends, and tour the campus. Our WEB Leaders are 8th-grade students who participated in this event as new 7th graders last year and have been trained to mentor your child. We hope all 7th-grade students are able to attend the WEB Orientation
- Registration: There will be no registration for either 7th or 8th-grade students before school starts. 8th graders will go through the registration process on the 2nd day of school (August 16th) and the 7th graders on the 3rd day of school (August 19th) Registration will include:
- Turning in all paperwork signed by parents and students (you will receive this in the near future)
- Paying any donations which include ASB ($25) and yearbook ($80). Students may bring one check for both. Checks should be made out to LCHS 7/8 ASB.
- Take their school picture for their ID and class pictures. The form will be sent home in early August for picture purchase.
- Students will receive their HOME set of books. These books stay at home for the school year. All classrooms have a class set that student use during school time.
- Registration Parent/Student Handbook
- Schedules/First Day of School;
- Schedules will be given on the first day of school.
- 7th graders will find out their Small School during the WEB Orientation on August 12th
- 8th Graders will find out their Small School via a posted list on the morning of the first day of school
- On the morning of the first day of school students will report to specific locations depending on which Small School they are in.
- School 1: South Gym
- School 2: Auditorium
- School 3: Football Field (Home)
- School 4: Football Field (Visitor)
- Once schedules are given in the Small School locations, students will attend all classes that day.
- There is no 0 period on the 1st day of school
- Additional Minimum Days:
- This is a reminder that this year 7/8 will have lunch after 3rd period, not after 4th. Working with the High School we determined that we will flip the lunches each year.
- Also please be reminded that this year 7/8 will have 7 minimum days ( in addition to finals weeks) which releases students at 11:39 am. These days will be the day before Thanksgiving and Spring Break, in addition to all of the SBAC testing days which fall in May (May 14th, 15th, and 18th and 19th). One additional day is TBD.
- The last day of school for ALL 7/8 students will be June 2nd. 9-12 last day is June 3rd.
- Remind: I give many updates via the Remind app. If you would like to join you can go to https://www.remind.com/join/lacanada78 where it will prompt you on how to join. I also host a twitter page for 7/8. The handle name on twitter is @lacanada78.
I hope summer is relaxing and rejuvenating for both you and your child. Please take some time for PDF (Playtime, Downtime, and Family time). This is so important to families. If any questions come up please feel free to reach out to me via email at email@example.com.
Jarrett Gold Ed.D
LCHS 7/8 Principal